Rules & Regulations
The following rules and regulations have been established by the Board of Directors for the protection and benefit of all members and their guests and to assure safe and sanitary operation of the Club facilities. Parents are requested to caution their children to observe all rules and to obey instructions of the Club Manager and authorized employees. The Club Manager has full responsibility for conduct and discipline at the pool and other authorized Club employees, whose instructions must be followed, or disciplinary action in the form of suspension of Club privileges will result. The Staff has been instructed to anticipate rather than remedy. With full cooperation of the membership, we will be safe and well, enjoy ourselves and rarely hear a whistle.
Guests will not be allowed access to the Club unless accompanied by a member. Members are responsible for ensuring that all of their guests are signed in and have paid the $5 guest fee (per guest) prior to entering the Club.
As you begin to plan your summer parties and celebrations please remember to keep in mind the pool’s policy on the number of guests a member may bring in at one time. You may bring up to 10 guests at any one time. If you want to bring more than 10 guests, you must contact our Pool Manager for prior approval.
If you have a party of over twenty guests that you would like to schedule, please consider renting the pool. Large parties affect the staffing of the pool, budget, and the members’ ability to enjoy the facility. For those of you considering parties for end of season sports etc. the cost of rental is not too bad if you divide it between the families attending, in some cases cheaper than the traditional pizza party.
Guest Fees are as follows:
$5.00 per person (includes tax)
Punch cards – 10 visits for $45.00 (includes tax)
- The pool will be open seven days a week from Memorial Day through Labor Day, weather permitting. The closing date may be extended by the Board of Trustees in the event of favorable weather conditions if, in their opinion, this extension is feasible.
- Prior to or after normal operating hours, an area of the pool may be reserved by the Club Manager for group or individual instruction.
- The Social-Recreation Representative may designate periods for special events. Adequate notification will be posted.
- The Club Manager may restrict swimming or prohibit swimming for periods of maintenance, inclement weather (e.g. lightning in the area) or health conditions. These periods shall be limited as much as possible, with swimming restored at the earliest safe time. Temperature conditions are not generally cause to restrict swimming between Memorial Day and Labor Day. The manager on duty shall monitor the water temperature and initiate heating procedures whenever necessary to keep the pool at an acceptable swimming temperature throughout the summer.
- There will be absolutely no swimming permitted unless a Club lifeguard is on duty.
- The lifeguard or manager on duty is the authority on matters of discipline at the front desk and the pool. His or her instructions must be followed, or disciplinary action in the form of suspension of swimming privileges will result.
- The lifeguards are instructed to report all serious infractions or refusal to follow instructions to the Club Manager.
- All complaints of members are to be directed to the Club Manager and not to the lifeguards.
- The Board of Trustees or Club Manager may discipline without regard to the three-offense policy particularly in matters of safety, disregarding authority, disturbing other members, and illegal actions such as vandalism, theft, and underage drinking. All decisions of the Board of Trustees are final.
Rules of Conduct
- All members and guests are required to shower before entering the pool.
- All members and guests shall give full consideration and regard to the rights and privileges of others.
- Somerset Recreation Club is a smoke-free facility. NO SMOKING of any kind is allowed on the premises.
- Alcoholic beverages may be consumed on the club premises by adults of legal age in an inconspicuous manner. NO GLASS CONTAINERS. The Club Manager will follow the discipline policy to rectify any inappropriate behavior. All risk is assumed by the consumer.
- Obscene or abusive language is cause for expulsion from the pool, at the manager’s discretion.
- No running, pushing, wrestling, or undue disturbances shall be permitted in or about the pool area.
- Air-inflated tubes, jackets, balls, masks, toys, flippers, or other paraphernalia shall be allowed in the big pool at the discretion of the Club Manager or lifeguard on duty. These items shall not be permitted in the diving area. No metal or rigid plastic toys allowed.
- Use of the kiddie pool shall be limited to children six years of age or younger. No metal, glass, or rigid plastic toys will be allowed in the kiddie pool. Supervision of children in the kiddie pool will be the responsibility of an accompanying adult.
- Swim Diapers are required for children that are not potty trained.